Recipe by xxoo
This is my tried and true easy brownie recipe. The secret to a moist brownie is to avoid over baking.
Top Review by Marla in California
I have made these brownies twice within a week and they are really wonderful. The first time I made them,I baked them for 20 minutes as the recipe said and they were way too doughy - delicious but doughy. The 2nd time I used 1 1/3 cup of flour instead of 1 1/4 cup, and 1/2 tsp. baking soda instead of 1/4 tsp., and increased the baking time to 27 minutes and they were to die for. I frosted them with chocolate butter cream frosting and we could not leave them alone. This is probably going to be my brownie recipe from now on, not only because they taste so good, but because they extremely easy to make.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13X 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove mix from heat, add vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda.
- Add eggs to mix and stir well.
- Add dry mix and stir gently.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick or fork inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool before cutting into squares.