I got this recipe from someone I worked with 20 years ago...Her name was Ruth and she was such a sweetheart! Lost track of her when I left Ohio and moved to Indiana...Anyway, this is so easy that my kids can help me make this and they love it...
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice (Minute Rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, pieces (thawed)
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced and softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients except shredded cheddar cheese in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Take out and stir.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.