Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from someone I worked with 20 years ago...Her name was Ruth and she was such a sweetheart! Lost track of her when I left Ohio and moved to Indiana...Anyway, this is so easy that my kids can help me make this and they love it...
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice (Minute Rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, pieces (thawed)
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced and softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients except shredded cheddar cheese in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Take out and stir.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
I was going to enter this recipe and found one that this one is the same recipe I've been using. I doubled this recipe and it fits nicely into a 3 quart glass dish ( see the picture I posted)
Super! I made this for our family Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone loved it.. Thanks so much.
My husband had been craving broccoli and rice. Decided to try this version and I'm glad I did! He probably ate 3 servings just by himself! We enjoyed the addition of the mushrooms (we'd never had broccoli & rice casserole with mushrooms added before). I followed the directions other than I did saute my onion in the butter called for. The only thing I would change next time would be to add some salt and pepper. Thanks, I will be making this again!