3 hrs 30 mins
Sass Smith's Note:
This is the simplest brioche method if you don't have a bread machine. Prep time includes rising time. From Mark Bittman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients in workbowl of food processor. Process for five seconds.
- 2Add butter and 3 whole eggs. Process for 10 seconds.
- 3With the machine running, pour, don't drizzle, 1/2 cup milk and 1/3 cup water into the mixture. Process for 30 seconds.
- 4The dough will be very wet and sticky, almost like a batter.
- 5Grease a large bowl with butter and scrape the dough into it. Cover with plastic and let the dough rise 2-3 hours, until doubled.
- 6Deflate the dough, shape into loaves (using only a little flour to coat your hands) and place in 2 buttered 8x4" loaf pans for two smallish loaves.
- 7Alternatively, use one 5x9" loaf pan for a single big loaf.
- 8Let rise one hour.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix reserved 2 tbs milk and egg yolk and brush the tops of the loaves with this mixture. Bake the brioche for about 30 minutes, until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Brioche
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g