Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A work associate made these and brought them to a potluck. Everyone raved over them so she finally gave us the recipe. I am not a bread maker, but these turn out every time I have tried.
- 2 3⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 -6 cups flour
- In large bowl combine warm water, yeast, & sugar. Let sit until yeast is dissolved.
- Add 3 cups flour and stir until smooth. Add salt and more flour. Knead until smooth ball. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out on large cookie sheet. Melt 1 cube of butter with garlic salt and Italian seasonings (as much as you want). Pour ever top of dough (when it is cooled slightly).
- Cut in strips with a pizza cutter (long ways down the middle and then short ways for however thick you want).
- Top with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until done.
I am so glad I found this recipe! I am making this tonight and have made it two other times as well. I didn't realize I haden't reviewed it yet! It is a keeper! So fast and easy and the breadsticks are GOOD! I originally made it because I needed something fast to go with spaghetti. This is perfect! Thank you!
I didn't care for these...they were too biscuity....was more like biscuits then breadsticks.. :(
These were good and quick for a yeast bread. Something I'll come back to when I need breadsticks fast. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt on top and found them perfect for us.