Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This came from the New Orleans School of Cooking and is absolutely delicious.
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 -8 cups crumbled French bread
- In a large bowl gently beat the eggs with the milk, sugar, butter and vanilla and cinammon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Our into a 9"x12" baking dish (or larger).
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
I made this with some french bread and muffins I had made that didn't turn out too well. This recipe helped me saved both! Thank you!