Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Was craving bread pudding today and realized that I had bought Cinnamon Raisin Bread, so of course I just had to give it a try - ingredient amounts are guesstimated.
- 10 slice cinnamon raisin bread (Sunmaid)
- 3 large eggs
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract (imitation)
- 354.88 ml soymilk (can do regular)
- 14.79 ml cinnamon (extra to taste-optional)
- 22.18 ml margarine or 22.18 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice your raisin bread into cubes and set aside in 9X9 oven proof dish (buttered).
- Mix all other ingredients into bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour milk/egg/sugar mixture over bread cubes and let sit about 1/2 hour - or until all liquid has absorbed into bread cubes.
- Turn down oven temperature to about 350°F and place baking dish into oven and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean and dry.
- Sprinkle top with extra sugar and cinnamon if desired and enjoy right out of oven with little milk or cream poured over top, or let cool and enjoy!
Another speedy recipe Really enjoyed this. I used real vanilla extract, reg milk and a little extra cinnnamon with a touch of nutmeg