Recipe by crazy crafter
Was craving bread pudding today and realized that I had bought Cinnamon Raisin Bread, so of course I just had to give it a try - ingredient amounts are guesstimated.
- 10 slices cinnamon raisin bread (Sunmaid)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (imitation)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk (can do regular)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (extra to taste-optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice your raisin bread into cubes and set aside in 9X9 oven proof dish (buttered).
- Mix all other ingredients into bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour milk/egg/sugar mixture over bread cubes and let sit about 1/2 hour - or until all liquid has absorbed into bread cubes.
- Turn down oven temperature to about 350°F and place baking dish into oven and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean and dry.
- Sprinkle top with extra sugar and cinnamon if desired and enjoy right out of oven with little milk or cream poured over top, or let cool and enjoy!