1/4 Photos of Easiest Black Forest Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Super easy cake...made with mixes and already prepared items...but with a homemade taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, baked as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan and left in pan
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed (use gelatin-free version to make vegetarian)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- chocolate sprinkles
- maraschino cherry
- 1Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- 2While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top.
- 3When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk.
- 4Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
- 5Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.
- 6Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and cherries.
- 7Chill until serving time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Black Forest Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 558.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g