Super easy cake...made with mixes and already prepared items...but with a homemade taste!
Make and share this Easiest Black Forest Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, baked as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan and left in pan
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed (use gelatin-free version to make vegetarian)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- chocolate sprinkles
- maraschino cherry
- Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top.
- When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
- Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and cherries.
- Chill until serving time.