Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy cake...made with mixes and already prepared items...but with a homemade taste!
Make and share this Easiest Black Forest Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, baked as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan and left in pan
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed (use gelatin-free version to make vegetarian)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- chocolate sprinkles
- maraschino cherry
- Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract.
- While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top.
- When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
- Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and cherries.
- Chill until serving time.
Delicious! I hosted a party for a women's league and used a German theme. I chose this recipe because it was EASY and used things I had on hand. My daughter was very disappointed to find none left when she got home, so I made another the next day. I sprinkled the top with cocoa powder. It was very pretty. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
This was sooo easy to make and very tasty. The only thing I did not like was the thickness of the cake. Next time, I will probably make two layers out of it, double the cherry filling and spread it between the layers and also on the top. Thanks for sharing :-)
This was absolutely delicious! And extrememly easy and quick to put together. The only thing I wasn't sure about was when to put the topping on. It says to put the cherry filling on while warm but I wasn't sure about the pudding. I waited until the cake had cooled to put the pudding on and it turned out great! I took it to my inlaws for a family dinner. Everybody raved over it. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law were groaning because they were so full while heading for seconds of the cake. My husband raved all the way home. Great recipe Karen. Thank you!