Recipe by The Jelly Room
I found this recipe years ago, and it got rave reviews, but I lost it and have looked for it ever since. Only 3 ingredients, VERY simple, and it generously frosts a 13 X 9 pan of brownies or Cake. Works best when slightly warm. I usually use it on brownies, (but usually have a little left for on top of ice cream)....Feel free to experiment....You can use semi sweet, dark, or milk chocolate, and you can garnish the top with nuts etc, but move quickly before it sets up all the way and your garnish won't "stick". Onr try and you will be hooked on the simplicity and the great flavor!
Top Review by Frugal Fifer
Made this to cover a toffee cake traybake I had made for a school fundraiser. I had all the ingredients in and it was so easy to make. As mentioned you need to work quickly to spread it or put on any toppings. I added caramel sauce and butterscotch pieces to the top and it sold out quickly. First time I have made a frosting without icing sugar, will make again soon.
- 340.19 g chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml butter
- 340.19 g can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave safe bowl ,melt the chocolate chips until just melted 1-2 minutes.
- Stir with a spatula or scraper. Stir in the butter. Let the mixture sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the can of sweeetened condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- That's it! Frost the brownies or cake immediately as this mixture will set up and become more fudgey as it cools. If it cools too fast for you, place in the micrewave for 15 seconds to loosen it back up a bit.