Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is the best and easiest....everyone loves it. From the family cookbook. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces grated cheddar cheese (prefer sharp)
- 1 envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix (original flavor)
- chopped pecans
- Let cheeses come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the cheeses.
- As you are mixing, gradually sprinkle a bit of the dressing mix over the cheese and mix in.
- Continue to sprinkle slowly, adding until the entire package is used.
- (At this point you can refrigerate for about 30 minutes if necessary to"firm up" before rolling into ball).
- Roll the mixture into one large or two small cheese balls.
- Roll in the chopped pecans.
- Serve with wheat thins or your preferred cracker.
Hi LorenLou:-) made your best cheese ball yesterday,...it sure lives up to it's name, I added some fresh chopped garlic to the mixture, as my DH and myself are big-time garlic lovers, grated the cheddar on fine grate, as it mixes in better, and also put in a tbsp. of crumbled blue cheese...I think that the Ranch dressing mix really brings out a super zip in the flavour...great recipe LorenLou:-) I will be making this again for my house Christmas party coming up in a few weeks...keep up the great work! :-)