Busy Lindsay's Note:
I love Southwestern Eggrolls but didn't like the grease and salt that went along with them. Now I make them at home and they are super easy to make and better for you. I serve them for dinner, instead of as an appetizer. Durring the week I use chicken I've already cooked and dried onion flakes so it doesn't take a lot of time but you could cook the chicken and some fresh onion before adding the rest of the filling ingreidents if you prefer. Also, the filling can be frozen and used later if you wanted to make less of the rolls. I did use low sodium or no salt added corn and beans, but the site didn't recognize those varieties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped small
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili, pwoder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese, shredded
- 12 low-carb flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
Avocado Ranch dip
- 1In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat, add chicken, beans, corn, spinach, onion flakes, and spices. Heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Add chees, turn off heat and stir until all is combined well and warm.
- 2Place 1/4 heaping cup of the mixture down the middle of a tortilla and roll like a burrito. Place seem side down in a 9x12 baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat process until all 12 tortillas are rolled up in the dish ready for baking.
- 3Spray top of tortillas in baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes or until tortialls are a little golden brown.
- 4Serve with salsa, sour cream and avocado ranch dip.
- 5To make the avocado ranch dip, mix mashed avocado, low fat sour cream and 1-2 tsps of ranch dressing mix. Add a tabelsppon of milk to thin out a tad and chill until ready to use. Best if made a couple of hours ahead of time.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Baked Southwestern Eggrolls With Avocado Ranch Dip
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese
low-carb flour tortillas
dry ranch dressing mix