Recipe by Tiny kitchen, big chef
Throw in the oven and bake with ingredients you already have on hand. Great way to use those cheap pork chops you found on sale. Fantastic economical meal which Mom made often when I was a kid. Don't make this without the peas, or by using a substitute like green beans. It just won't work. My sister's family hates peas so they just pick them out. Serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 lbs thin pork chops, cheap cut works best
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, with liquid
- 2 -3 large onions, cut into large pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chops in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour undiluted tomato soup over chops.
- Pour peas with liquid over soup.
- Place onions over all.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Do not stir.
- Cover with foil tightly and bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat falls off the bone.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.