Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Throw in the oven and bake with ingredients you already have on hand. Great way to use those cheap pork chops you found on sale. Fantastic economical meal which Mom made often when I was a kid. Don't make this without the peas, or by using a substitute like green beans. It just won't work. My sister's family hates peas so they just pick them out. Serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 lbs thin pork chops, cheap cut works best
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, with liquid
- 2 -3 large onions, cut into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chops in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour undiluted tomato soup over chops.
- Pour peas with liquid over soup.
- Place onions over all.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Do not stir.
- Cover with foil tightly and bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat falls off the bone.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
My mom used to make this for my dad & after my mom passed I would make it for him. I now make it for my husband. Thanks for posting it since I had lost the recipe I had.
Thanks for the recipe! I tried it tonight but with rice, as I didn't have any potatoes in the house. We loved it! I used tomato sauce instead of soup but the end result was very good!