Recipe by Ducky
This recipe came out of the puff pastry box and couldn't be easier. It makes a nice dessert and could probably be done with any pie filling. Prep time includes thaw time.
Top Review by Dorel
This was delicious. I used my own home made apple pie filling. I couldn't get the pastry to roll out to any bigger than about 9"X12" so I only used half the apple filling, I think maybe my box could be smaller than the size you used. I am going to use the other half tomorrow with the rest of the pie filling. Thanks for posting a great recipe. -- posted Jun 18, 2005 UPDATE-I made it again and still couldn't get it to roll out any bigger but it looked pretty good so I took a few pictures. Taste is excellent.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (for me it is 1/2 of a 17.3 oz package)
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 595.33 g can apple pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix egg and water and set aside.
- Roll pastry into 16x12-inch (approx) rectangle.
- Starting at the short side, spoon filling over half the pastry to within 1 inch of edges.
- Starting with the short side, roll up pastry like a jelly roll.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet, tucking in ends to seal.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2 inch slits, 2-3 inches apart, on the top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Serve warm.