Recipe by LILLIANCOOKS
I've used this bread recipe MANY times and its perfect! I found it on a cooking site. It was posted by a cook known as Pleclare. This recipe makes 2 loaves. Most times, I add toasted sesame seeds ontop. This bread is best when baked til dark golden brown. It tastes just like the bread I get from my favorite bakery! Everyone who has tried this bread, loves it!
- 1.5 (1/3 ounce) packages fast rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water and let sit for 5 minutes. Then mix salt,sugar and flour with the yeast.
- Knead till smooth and elastic on floured board for 5 minutes.
- Grease bowl and place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with saran. Let rise 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove ,pound down and shape into 2 loaves.
- Place loaves in a pan coated with cornmeal. Slash tops of loaves,brush with egg wash. Add toasted sesame seeds at this time.
- Place in cold oven, turn to 400 degrees. Bake 30-40 minutes or til DARK golden brown.