1/1 Photo of Easiest and Best French Bread
2 hrs 40 mins
I've used this bread recipe MANY times and its perfect! I found it on a cooking site. It was posted by a cook known as Pleclare. This recipe makes 2 loaves. Most times, I add toasted sesame seeds ontop. This bread is best when baked til dark golden brown. It tastes just like the bread I get from my favorite bakery! Everyone who has tried this bread, loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water and let sit for 5 minutes. Then mix salt,sugar and flour with the yeast.
- 2Knead till smooth and elastic on floured board for 5 minutes.
- 3Grease bowl and place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with saran. Let rise 1 1/4 hours.
- 4Remove ,pound down and shape into 2 loaves.
- 5Place loaves in a pan coated with cornmeal. Slash tops of loaves,brush with egg wash. Add toasted sesame seeds at this time.
- 6Place in cold oven, turn to 400 degrees. Bake 30-40 minutes or til DARK golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest and Best French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1213.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3532.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 36.7 g