1/5 Photos of Easier-Than-Making-Tacos Taco Salad
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I've always loved tacos but I think the assembling part can be a pain, especially if I'm making mine and the kids' because they were too small to make their own. Once I had taco salad this way, I never made tacos again! (Salsa pictured in my photo is Zesty Salsa for Canning) I have found that squeezing some lime juice over the prepared salad makes it even better! YUM!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips (plain, nacho or lime) or 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package old el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 1Brown hamburger (I use the microwave) and drain.
- 2Add taco mix and water, mix.
- 3Heat thoroughly, about 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring once.
- 4Layer ingredients on each plate.
- 5I use the following order: chips (crunched up), meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, taco sauce and sour cream.
- 6Use whatever taco toppings you enjoy.
- 7Mix and eat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easier-Than-Making-Tacos Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.5
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 1503.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 47.4 g