Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from My Recipe Journey
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons pure sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry or 2 teaspoons dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice, I use jasmine
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef in the sesame oil with the garlic. Cook while constantly stirring until the meat is very well browned and most of the meat juices have evaporated.
- Now add in all remaining ingredients except for 1/4 cup of the green onions and the rice.
- Simmer for a few minutes to heat thoroughly and to marry all the flavors of the ingredients.
- Serve warm over cooked rice with green onions on top.