Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A zesty mixture of salsa, cheese and cooked chicken in flour tortillas. Can be decoratively topped with sliced black olives, guacomole, sliced green onions and sour cream.
- 1 (11 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (I prefer breast)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (medium)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
- 2⁄3 package taco seasoning (I prefer low salt)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl combine soup, milk& taco seasoning.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine chicken, salsa, chillies and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture alonge one side of each tortilla.
- Roll and place seam side down in greased 3-quart oblong baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup mix over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover wih foil.
- Bake at 375 deg F for 35 min.
- until hot and bubbling.
This was really easy and sooo tasty!! Made it exactly as you said and it was perfect, hubby really liked it. This will definately go into rotation for our Thursday night Mexican night. Thanks for a keeper!!
Wonderful! Made these for supper last night as it was one of those "We're hungry and it's late and no one had any idea what they wanted to eat" nights and the kids gobbled it up. Used mild salsa as that is what I had on hand. Loved that it didn't take long in the oven as temps have been in the 90's here. Definitely a quick and easy recipe that I will make again as I always have the ingredients on hand. Thanks for a great recipe!!
This was really good. My niece and nephew renamed it, the cheesy chicken stuff. I didnt have any cheddar cheese soup, so I made my own using butter, flour, and milk to make a gravy and then added atleast 2 cups of cheese. I added a can of rotel to the mixture. Will be making this again! Thanks for the great recipe.