Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice relaxing tea to drink at the end of the day. Also great for children before bedtime. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 1 teaspoon lavender
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon rose extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon balm
- 2 cups water
- In the morning, place herbs in a glass mason jar.
- Add water and cap tightly.
- Set out in the sun in a nice warm spot, and let steep for the entire day.
- Once the sun goes down, strain and serve.
I made this using fresh herbs. I used lavender flower stems, lemon balm and peppermint leaves from the garden, instead of peppermint extract. I cut the amount of rose extract in half, because mine is quite strong and would overpower. This is refreshing, but needs just a little sweetener-perhaps a little honey?