Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A lovely longevity tonic. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
Make and share this Earth's Herbal Moon Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon raspberry leaf
- 1 teaspoon hawthorn berries
- 1 teaspoon chickweed
- 1 teaspoon calendula flowers
- 2 cups water
- In the evening, place the ingredients in a glass mason jar.
- Add water but do not cap.
- Set jar outside right under the moonlight all night long.
- Strain and drink first thing in the morning.
Well I didn't set this out in the moonlight, I just steeped it about 20 min. and it was a very mellow tea to go to bed on. I slept like a baby. Thanks for posting.
I've tried this both made as a hot tea and as a cold tea (steeped overnight as the recipe directs) and its delightful and refreshing either way! It has a lightly bitter almost lemony taste and is very refreshing. I just mixed up a container of this with equal proportions of all the herbs and added it to my tea collection. I just add 2 tsp of this mixture for every cup and I've got a lovely refreshing light-flavored up of tea. Good plain or sweetened with a touch of honey.