Recipe by mandabears
Easy, chocolate, gooey, Did I say EASY?
Top Review by Sam's Mom
We LOVE this recipe. I actually wanted to post this recipe but see that I was beat to it. This is a big hit with my hubby. He doesn't care for pecans, so I add mini chocolate chips instead and it turns out fine. What an easy cake to take on the road. Great picnic dessert. I do bake in a pan larger than 13X9 cause mine bakes out in a pan that size. That would be my only change. Delicious recipe and Thank you for posting !!
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (any type you like, I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water, to prepare cake
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, to prepare cake
- 3 large eggs, to prepare cake
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans or english walnuts)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I usually use low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- I use Pam cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle nuts and coconut on bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl prepare cake mix: Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over nuts and coconut.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese, butter confectioners sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drop by spoonfuls over batter, do not mix in Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5o minutes.