Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that has been in my family for years. I take this cake to parties and potlucks and have the recipe ready to hand out. Never any leftovers and everyone thinks it's more time consuming than it is. No matter what occasion you need a dessert for this will be a hit.
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread coconut and pecans on bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box and pour over coconut and pecans.
- In separate bowl mix cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes and wait to see the earthquake.
Dliciously gooey and rich.
This is a great recipie! I made it for just us, but I'll make it for DH to take to work next week. Wonderfully easy. The earthquake happens when you have your first bite.