Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Thank you Juanita for this delicious yet simple dessert that tastes like you spent all night working on it! I used a Devil's Food cake mix in it's place because I didn't have a German Chocolate cake mix. I had a hard time keeping my paws out of the cream cheese mixture and probably wound up with a little less on the cake than I was supposed to...
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread a mixture of chopped nuts and coconut on the bottom of a buttered 13x9" cake pan.
- Make cake mix according to package directions and pour over the nut and coconut mixture (you don't need to stir it).
- Combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Drop mixture in mounds all over the top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes.
- The cake will crack in the middle (that's why they call it Earthquake Cake).