Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Thank you Juanita for this delicious yet simple dessert that tastes like you spent all night working on it! I used a Devil's Food cake mix in it's place because I didn't have a German Chocolate cake mix. I had a hard time keeping my paws out of the cream cheese mixture and probably wound up with a little less on the cake than I was supposed to...
- 1 cup ground nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 18 ounces German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread a mixture of chopped nuts and coconut on the bottom of a buttered 13x9" cake pan.
- Make cake mix according to package directions and pour over the nut and coconut mixture (you don't need to stir it).
- Combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Drop mixture in mounds all over the top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes.
- The cake will crack in the middle (that's why they call it Earthquake Cake).