Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
When I first found this recipe I was intrigued by the name. It's become a family favorite.
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by the directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by the directions)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for by the directions)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Grease 9x13 cake pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover bottom of pan with nuts and coconut.
- Mix cake as directed on package.
- Pour cake batter over nuts and coconut.
- Mix margarine and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Spoon over the cake batter.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Turn upside down on plates.
This rates right up at the top for chocolate fans. Not difficult & oh so good. Definately one I'll use regularly
This is a wonderfully easy cake loved by all a hit no matter where I take it. I do mine a little different I melt butter then blend in cream cheese remove from heat add powder sugar if to thick to spread I add a little milk
oops,,,sorry Mirg, I don't like to send in duplicate recipes, but I missed this one somehow! This is a very good cake! kitty