Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
A coworker brought this to a potluck at work, and ever since then, everyone begs her to bring it in frequently. Finally, in self-defense, she gave out the recipe so someone else could bring it occasionally! Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, divided use
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle half the pecans and coconut over bottom of pan.
- Make cake mix as directed on box and pour batter over pecans and coconut.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over cake batter. Do not stir into batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool completely.
- Make pudding as directed on box and spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts and coconut over pudding, along with half of the toffee bits.
- Spread Cool Whip over pudding and sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.