1/1 Photo of Earthbound Farm Corn Chowder
Abiner Smoothie's Note:
A sweet, summer corn chowder from the Earthbound Farm Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml corn kernels, fresh or 946.36 ml corn kernels, frozen
- 3 slice thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth or 1182.95 ml vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 473.18 ml yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp (5-10 minutes) then drain on paper towels.
- 2Add the onion and celery to the fat and cook until they are soft for 10 minutes.
- 3Add stock, bay leaf, potatoes and thyme to the saucepan and boil over high heat. Reduce and let simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 4Cover and turn off heat. Leave on stove for 20 minutes then discard the bay leaf and thyme sprig. Add the bacon, corn and half-and half. (You can remove 2 cups of the chowder and puree it in a blender and then add that back to the chowder for a thicker consistency).
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Earthbound Farm Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 1088.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: