Recipe by Annacia
Earth (potatoes, onions, roasted peppers), Sea (fresh salmon) and Fire (your favorite oven) make this a winning recipe. It will reduce well if you don't need to feed 8 people. I have not bothered with the sesame oil but I have given it a spray of butter flavored Pam before baking.
Top Review by ellie_
This was okay but somehow I think I like potatoes and fish cooked separately, rather than combined as in this dish. I reduced this recipe to serve 3 people but used the amount of roasted red peppers (which was less than required) I had left over from another recipe and also used chili sesame oil for the last step but it seemed to need more of something--maybe some herbs and/or garlic would have added the extra something this recipe needed to kick it up a notch. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 large red onions, sliced into rings
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained and cut into strips
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish generously with olive oil.
- Arrange potato slices in a layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of onions over the potatoes, then a layer of roasted peppers, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place salmon fillets over the vegetables in the dish, and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place whole mushrooms over the fillets, and drizzle them with sesame oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Fish should flake easily with a fork, and potatoes should be tender.