Recipe by glitzypursegirl
Nut free, healthy, whole ingredients and with blueberries, kiwis, sunflower seeds and oats they are a perfect school snack for earth day! I worked on several recipes to combine the right consistency and ingredients to get them sticky into the pan and chewy after cooling and cutting
- 2 cups toasted whole oats
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried kiwi, slices chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 325degrees.
- roast the oats on a cookie sheet with the seeds mixed in for 10 minutes, mixing frequently to prevent burning.
- line a 9x 13 pan with foil and brush with oil or margarine to keep bars from sticking.
- Beat the egg with the honey, oil, sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and add the warm toasted oats and seeds on top in large mixing bowl, before stirring sprinkle with the flour, top with the blueberries and kiwis and then mix to combine -- quickly combine and place on the foil lined baking dish and press into pan for an even height bar.
- Bake 30 minutes, top rack and rotate the pan 180 degrees 1/2 way through so they cook evenly.
- allow to cool until you can handle the foil and then remove from pan and let cool completely on cooling rack for at least an hour and then slice into 24 bars on a cutting board with a large knife.
- will keep wrapped in fridge for 2 weeks!