Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful full-flavored bread - great with honey- or cinnamon-butter!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in the zucchini, carrots, banana, and nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 5x9 loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
This was very good! I cut the recipe in half to make only one loaf and used two eggs, rather than one and a half! I also changed the sugar. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white,so I cut the amount down by 1/4. For the nuts I used Macadamia. Thanks for sharing, loof!
We loved this dense, moist quick bread! It wasn't overly sweet like so many other quick breads, and it contains some healthy ingredients like zucchini, carrots, bananas and whole wheat flour. I made it even healthier by replacing half of the oil with applesauce. I doubled the cinnamon and used toasted walnuts. I served this with honey butter, and two of us almost polished off one loaf in one sitting...yum! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
**Made for Australian/ New Zealand Recipe Swap #73**
Fantastic bread - I love the combination of all of the different good for you stuff, plus whole wheat flour, too. Very versitisle, too, as I only grated up 1/2 cup zucchini and when I realized it, I had already put the grater away, so I substituted an extra 1/2 cup banana, which worked perfect. I also took another reviewer's suggestion and subbed out half the oil with applesauce. I took this to a meeting this morning and it got wonderful reviews! Served it with recipe #41253. Thanks, loof, for the excellent recipe! Made for Zaar Stars.