Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful full-flavored bread - great with honey- or cinnamon-butter!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in the zucchini, carrots, banana, and nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 5x9 loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
Fantastic bread - I love the combination of all of the different good for you stuff, plus whole wheat flour, too. Very versitisle, too, as I only grated up 1/2 cup zucchini and when I realized it, I had already put the grater away, so I substituted an extra 1/2 cup banana, which worked perfect. I also took another reviewer's suggestion and subbed out half the oil with applesauce. I took this to a meeting this morning and it got wonderful reviews! Served it with Cinnamon Honey Butter. Thanks, loof, for the excellent recipe! Made for Zaar Stars.
Don't know where my head was but I though I had already reviewed this wonderful recipe...well here goes! My favorite thing about this bread was that it was not as heavy as I though it was going to be. Things I make with whole wheat seem that way to me. I made two loaves, cutting my oil in half and replacing it with applesauce. The only thing different was to replace the pumpkin spice with Chinese Five Spice Blend. I interchange them in many recipes. Will be making this again!
Loved Loved this!! I used dehydrated zucchini, homemade canned carrots and over half peach butter for the oil. Will def make this great bread again - the kids loved it so much at breakfast that DD wanted a piece in her lunch!