Recipe by puppitypup
Named in honor of my brother-in-law Earon, a native Hawaiian, who LOVES macaroni salad. He turned me on to it a few years back, and now I'm addicted too! This is my version, tweaked with some ranch dressing mix to pop the flavor just a bit. I like it simple, but feel free to add peas or celery or whatever else you like!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2⁄3 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 ounce ranch dressing mix (half packet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni in water with salt according to package directions and drain.
- Immediately, while noodles are still hot, mix in mayonnaise and salad dressing. After it has cooled, add carrots.
- Chill for several hours before serving. Taste improves overnight.