Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great soup for spring or early summer. Try to buy one of the large bunches of basil with a heady scent and pungent, peppery leaves.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the leeks and celery, cover, and sweat for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the lid, add the stock and lemon zest and juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the basil, and blend in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve chilled, with a generous swirl of cream, and garnish with basil leaves.