Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can't tell the kiddos they can't eat these cookies for breakfast.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 1 1⁄2 cups other ring-shaped oat cereal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs, honey and butter until well blended.
- Stir in carrot, nuts and fruits.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add flour mix and cereal to fruit mix, and stir until well mixed.
- Shape dough into balls about the size of two tablespoons.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased 15 x 12-inch baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until firm when lightly pressed.
- Cool on racks; serve warm or let cool.
- Store airtight.
- Chill up to one week; freeze to store longer.