Recipe by Nancy Sneed
Great side dish with either frozen english peas or fresh from the garden if you're lucky enough to have some! ;-)
- 1 (1 lb) package English pea
- 3 slices bacon, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas as directed.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Cook the bacon and onion together until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon and onion from the skillet and set aside.
- Stir the flour into the bacon drippings.
- Add the vinegar and sugar.
- Cook til bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the peas; top with bacon and onion and serve.