Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found a delightful little box in my bottom turnaround. It was labeled recipes. I sifted through and separated all the hand written ones. This one is my mother's--always a favorite around the house. I don't eat beans or sausage, so I have never tried it myself and I won't be either. Nonetheless, my sister, father and mother enjoyed it.
- 1 lb pork and beans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packageprepared brown-and-serve sausage (more or less per taste)
- Combine all ingredients except sausage in a casserole dish.
- Top with cooked and crumbled sausage links.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
Gotta admit that I have my own special way of doing baked beans, but this recipe was intriguing, so had to try it! I did, however, use vegetarian beans even though I also used mild Italian sausage, as well as half again as much apple as listed! AND, we enjoyed A GREAT TASTING BAKED BEAN SIDE with this! Thanks much for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]