Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can barely keep this potato salad in the bowl. Delicious hot or cold and easy to make. Perfect for summer bbqs!
- 3 -4 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 1⁄2 red onion, medium dice
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill
- fresh pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dice potatoes in salad size pieces. Put them in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Spread corn evenly over potatoes.
- Spread chopped onions over potatoes.
- Lightly smash garlic distribute cloves evenly through potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Roast until potatoes are cooked and crisp.
- Cook and chop or crumble bacon, put aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, dill, Parmesan cheese and salt (keep in mind bacon will add salt and potatoes have been seasoned) and pepper to taste.
- After roasting with the potatoes remove garlic cloves. Mash them into a paste and add to dressing.
- Toss roast potatoes, corn, bacon and dressing together. Serve warm. Leftovers are delicious cold!
Friends brought this to a BBQ and it was amazing!!
This was fabulous...my whole family loved it. Will have again and again. Even my little girl who doesn't like anything loved it :)
My favourite potato salad recipe! I have found that I do modify it slightly: I like the lemony flavour, so I squeeze 2 fresh lemons for juice. I also tend to just get a bag of "real" bacon bits (Ready Crisp) instead of more cooking (lazy I know, but still yummy). Finally, I prefer to mix the potatoes, onions, corn, etc in a mixing bowl instead of on the cookie sheet. A quick rinse later, and the bowl can be reused for the sauce.