Recipe by MamaConnerty
Earl's is a chain that was started in North Vancouver, British Columbia. I served for them for a few years and LOVE their food. This was one of my favourites and they've taken it off the menu. Thank goodness I was able to find a good copycat recipe on the net. It's so good you can even eat it cold!! I think I'll add marinated artichokes next time as a twist. Add some grilled chicken breast or shrimp if you want protein.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, wine, garlic and olives. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until just tender.
- Add pasta, parsley, basil, hot sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar to sauce in skillet. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mount pasta in bowl and sprinkle with feta cheese.