Recipe by Manami
A colonial twist on the ubiquitous -- and potent -- rum punch. Very strong and oh so good have been the comments, so far. Bon Appetit Magazine, May 2006 edition. ;)
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons loose earl grey tea
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- ice cube
- fresh apricots, wedges (to garnish) (optional) or pineapple chunk (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rum and tea in small bowl; let stand 1 hour.
- Strain mixture into 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Mix in pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients.
- Fill 2 highball glasses with ice.
- Pour punch over.
- Garnish with fresh apricot wedges or pineapple chunks, if desired.