Recipe by Julesong
An unusual and tasty take on hot chocolate! From the Oregonian FoodDay section, Tuesday, December 21, 2004.
Top Review by swissms
WOW! This is a very decadent hot chocolate. A nice after dinner dessert drink. Be warned....it calls for 4 ounces of milk chocolate :-) ...standard Hershey bars are 1.55 ounces. I used one of the larger 4.4 ounce bars. Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe, Winter 2010.
- 3 earl grey tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 ounces sweetened milk chocolate, melted
- lightly-sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil some water, then place the tea bags in a microwaveable mug and add 1 cup of the boiling water; let steep for 1 minute.
- Remove tea bags, add the melted chocolate, and whisk well.
- Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, but don't allow the mixture to boil.
- Whisk again and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream.