Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in my old recipe box. Serve 6
- 220 g butter
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 280 g plain flour, sifted
- 250 g dried apricots
- 200 ml strong earl grey tea
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 grated lemons, zest of
- 120 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g plain flour
- Place apricots and tea in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce fire and cook till apricots are soft and liquid evaporates.
- Allow to cool then chop apricots coarsely. Set aside.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg.
- Fold in flour. Press into base of prepared tin. Bake in a preheated 180deg cel oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping. Beat together sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice. Fold in baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- When base is baked, sprinkle apricots over, then pour in lemon-egg mixture. Bake for a further 25mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting.