Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an all natural ear drop. It has helped my family with pain due to ear infection as well as getting rid of the obnoxious tickle in the back of your throat when you have a cough. Even for the throat, it is placed in the ear. It coats the "tickle" spot. ;) Cook time is "sit and shake" time.
- Crush or mince garlic.
- Put it in a clean glass jar with lid.(Baby food jars are great)
- Leave it sitting on the counter and gently shake it every time you pass by for 4 or 5 hours.
- Strain off the oil and either discard the garlic solids or save them to use in a recipe.
- Put the oil in a dropper bottle.(Preferably glass).
- For use when having ear pain or sore throat: Put two or three drops of oil in each ear, twice a day, once in the morning and again at night.
- Place a cotton ball in the ear for a few minutes to absorb any excess oil.
- Keep oil in the refrigerator and warm gently rolling the bottle between your hands before using.
- It gets slightly solidified in the refrigerator. More is NOT better.
- Ears need to be able to "breathe"/get oxygen.
- You should make fresh ear drops every two or three days. I keep mine three days -- I've never had a problem with "spoilage".
- You can make less if you will only be using it for one person.
We used this with DangerBoy back when he used to get ear infections on a regular basis. It was very soothing for him (and for the rest of us, because he would stop crying!)