2 SUPER BOWL XXXIX APPETIZERS( as prepared by Cafe Lucci Chef Augie Arifi on ABC 7) From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (size U10)
- 6 slices prosciutto (paper-thin, long strips)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mesclun (plus small amount of reserved dressing)
- Pre-heat grill or stove-top grill pan. Place all ingredients for dressing in large bowl and whisk to combine. Reserve small amount in separate bowl as final garnish. Set both aside. Lay out prosciutto on work surface and cut each in half crosswise. Place a shrimp at one end of each slice and wrap with the prosciutto. Place on grill and cook about 3-4 minutes per side until done. Toss shrimp in dressing to coat well.
- To serve, arrange the colorful greens in the center of a large platter and surround with the shrimp. Drizzle the reserved dressing over shrimp and greens.
Go PATRIOTS, go! And be sure you have some of these shrimp ready to serve. They are great. Easy to make and delicious. I didn't make any changes, except that I have broiled them in the oven. Wonderful appy for SuperBowl Sunday. Thanks for sharing.