Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off of the Eagle Brand website. It is delicious. It's my favorite chocolate cake. It's especially best when you heat your piece up in the microwave. Just enought to where the icing starts dripping down the sides of the cake. Yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine or 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. In small saucepan, melt 1 cup margarine; stir in 1/4 cup cocoa, then add water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add cocoa mixture; beat well. Stir in 1/3 cup Eagle Brand, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 15x10 inch jellyroll pan. Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan melt remaining 1/4 cup margarine; add remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and remaining Eagle Brand. Stir in confectioners sugar and nuts. Spread on warm cake.
- (CHOCOLATE MOCHA SHEET CAKE: Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to cake; add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to frosting.).