Recipe by Mareesme
My family loves this recipe, and I love it because it is so fast and easy to make! Use 3 tomatoes if they are large, otherwise use 4. (Note: Most any pasta can be used. I prefer linguini or spaghetti.)
Top Review by carole in orlando
Excellent entree! It has a light sauce and basil which I love. I used wholewheat pasta, less than a pound and a package of Gorton's frozen grilled shrimp. This will be a "doer again" at our house. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb frozen shrimp, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan, saute garlic in olive oil until tender. Add shrimp and saute a few minutes (stirring occasionally) until shrimp turns pink when done.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until just tender (al dente), then drain.
- Add basil and tomatoes to shrimp mixture, cover and simmer about 5 minutes to release juices. Mix in cooked pasta and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve with parmesan cheese.
- NOTE Recipe calls for 1 lb. of pasta. I lower amount if sauce does not appear "liquid-y" as it should (it depends on juiciness of tomatoes!).