Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are using this for breading such as Salisbury Steaks etc, use 1/2 the amount of crumbs and you will have a stronger spicier mix.
- 4 cups plain breadcrumbs (make your own)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 12 slices of stale bread and let air dry (or place crumbs on pan and dry in oven at 225 F).
- Crumble and grate until into crumbs.
- Let dry again.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
sooooo good. i added dried minced onions instead of onion powder and wow-- those storebought ones suffer in comparison.
Just what I was looking for! I ran out of the "store bought" bread crumbs and made your recipe with some for another time. I like the fact that I can put Parmesan cheese in if I want it, or leave it plain. My husband says these are better that Progresso!! Carole
Hey there-Cant get Progresso Italian Style up here in Calgary-found this and used it last night-I don't think I will buy them when I get home-these are great! Chicken had the perfect coating. Thanks!