Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
BBQ is part of being a Texan and a good sauce gives a choice for adding the right finishing touch to true Texas BBQ. This is a sauce that I make that seems to be a favorite among my friends and family. You'll eat it and you'll like it. The Barbecutioner
- 8 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon dry onion powder
- In a large heavy sauce pan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer over a medium.
- heat and cook for about 1 hour (sauce will reduce & thicken to a rich well-blended consistency) stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature. Store in a closed jar in the refrigerator(should keep well for about a week).
- Re-heat to tepid-to-warm when ready to use.