Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a cool recipe from The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Children's Cookbook, but it is really good for all ages. I LOVE peach butter because it is so sweet and tart at the same time.I have not yet tried this but trust me, I will!
- 1 cup dried peaches
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Put the dried peaches, OJ, and sugar in a saucepan.Bring the mix to a boil on a stove over high heat.
- Turn down heat to low. Cover the saucepan with a lid. Set a timer and cook the mix for 10 minutes.
- Using the potholder, remove the lid and place it in the sink. While holding the handle of the of the saucepan with the pot holder, stir the mix with the wooden spoon. Set the timer and keep cooking for 5 minutes over a low heat. Turn off the heat.
- Holding the handle of the saucepan (with a pot holder, if you please), place the saucepan on a trivet.
- While you hold the handle of the saucepan with the pot holder, use the wooden spoon to put the peach mixture into the food processor. (Don't forget to put on the lid!) Set the timer and process the mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the side of the food processor bowl using the spatula. Replace the lid and set the timer for 1 minute (or until smooth -- whatever comes first!).