Recipe by Rick B(2)
This recipe came from my son's Cub scout pack. These doughnuts are a favorite treat on camp outs, for both the kids and adults!
Top Review by smasters
My mother made these for us, I made them for my daughter, now she makes them for her kids. Everyone has always loved these. But we make a variety of toppings. Glaze, cinnamon sugar, chocolate, sprinkles, powdered sugar. And everyone decides which topping they want. We never have leftovers (teenage boys) which is good because they don't taste nearly as good after they cooled off.
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate biscuits and stretch slightly to enlarge them. Poke your finger through center of each one to form doughnut hole.
- Heat oil in small size skillet (you can also use a deep fryer) to about 350°F.
- There should be enough oil to float the doughnuts when cooking, so the amount of oil used will depend on the pan size.
- Place several doughnuts in the oil and fry until golden brown on first side then turn over to finish!
- Place cooked doughnuts on paper towel to drain slightly. In a bowl to which you have added a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon (you can vary this depending on your own taste), place one or two doughnuts at at a time and coat both sides.