Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very simple recipe that tastes like you spent all day on it.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans (undrained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (as much as you desire)
- Saute onions and peppers in a large pot with a little olive oil until tender then remove. Brown hambrger in same pot until done. Remove most of the grease. Add the onions and peppers along with the rest of the ingrdients to the pot. Stir well to disolve the refried beans. Cover and let simmer for an hour stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove cover and simmer until desired thickness is obtained. Ladle into bowls and enjoy.
I followed the recipe other then I only used one can of refried beans. I also used beef broth instead of chicken. I don't like chili spicy but I had to add three tablespoons of chili powder to get this to the heat I like. We all enjoyed this.